January 09, 2007

RAINWALKER :)




Though it sounds cliched, cant help sayin tht I love the rain nd most things tht com with it… lightning that lights up the hidden veins in the sky now nd then.. the rumble of thunder…the fragrance arisin when the first drops touch the parched earth.. the sap green of the trees against the cloud-cast grey sky….the cool spray the wind brings to my face when I’m sittin by the window gazing at the downpour.. the warmth of the chilly raindrops as they soak my clothes my skin and my entire existence, the sense of revival around when everything has been rain-washed…the giddy feelin i get as I walk on the reflected sky in still puddles, nd even the sunshine, after the rain, tht makes all the world glow in a diffused golden light...
Rain always brings back rockin memories … the raindrops bangin on the roof like machine gun rounds in agumbe….gettin lost in the mist amidst lightning nd exploding transformers in ponmudi…walkin with a yellow umbrella cap fitted onto my head in ooty…monsoon dousing the burning winds blowing in frm the palghat pass, tht hd parched nd exposed the sandy bowels of bharatapuzha…schooldays when there was a sea of open wet umbrellas in the classromm nd the voice of the teacher ws drowned by the rain, the sea crashing into the backwaters of Veli tossing confused water hyacinths to nd fro…me nd my sis lying flat on the terrace like forgotten rubber sheets foolishly laid out to dry durin the unrelenting monsoons, the sunrise hidden by an impenetrable sheet of rain tht forced a hundred humans to find shelter together in a small mandapam in kanyakumari,…nd of course the morning when four friends with juz one umbrella found themselves under the attack of raindrops on the way to school nd two wer crazy enuf to walk away frm the umbrella, into the rain… tht day juz rocked, didn’t it, KP??? :D

3 comments:

KP said...

absolutelllyyyy;)it was amazin!:)..hehe nd i still remember jd's reaction:d:p..

Unknown said...

whoa, you've almost captured the whole essence of being-in-the-rain feeling.

:) totally loved the description!!

Hari said...

You really Captured the Beauty of the rain.. Such a Vivid description.. Makes me Go and enjoy myself in the rain.. Sans umbrellas.. Umbrellas spoil the beauty of rain..