September 24, 2007

IV CHRONICLES - Part 1

Been dreamin of the so-called Industrial Visit ever since getting into college. Cant really explain wht I’m feeling now that itz over. One week on the move, with friends... it’s the longest I’ve been away from my family n home( not countin the times whn my parents wer away frm home for weeks.. sis was ther for company then nd also not counting the times I’ve been away frm home with my parents for weeks).
So many experiences nd so many images.. Can’t really do justice to them by condensing them into one single post..Hmm well truth is that I don’t hav the patience to write about all of it in one go nd neither wud any of u hav the patience to sit thru it..

DAY 1: The Journey Begins



Thought I’d get some help with luggage since both Amma nd Achan decided to drop me off at college.. But naa, Amma insisted that I should carry all of it as practice for the upcoming journey when I’ll hafta move around the luggage frequently.. So being the little Schwarznegger that I am I staggered and panted nd huffed nd puffed nd somehow managed to dump the luggage where all the luggage ws being dumped..Then KP arrived with her backpack threatening to knock off her centre of gravity any moment..haa we the little Schwarzeneggers of India!!My parents got bored after sometime nd left after givin me handshakes which is their way of giving advice abt not getting into trouble or hitting my head on some electric post while busily drooling over some hot hunk or tumbling down escalators while doing the same..
The bus journey to the railway station (Kochu Veli) had the usual violent tribal dance nd dappankoothu session with all of our screws getting loose nd with Fatima losing all screws.
Was really disappointed to see the age group of the fellow passengers.. the chart went something like ‘Kochu Thresiya 49… Jacob Mathew 50….’ bla! Since we couldn’t alambify in the train as much as we could do in a bus..we juz limited ourselves to singin nd stuff..Soon more passengers got in nd it ws juz me singin like a possessed frog in my cracked voice..Pandit Frogshillah Rahatulla..I hd to stop when little wide eyed kids started comin to my compartment nd stared in fear nd confusion.. hoo fans!!fans!! :D
The real fun started when we started trying to switch berths with other passengers so that all of us could be in one compartment. I have never seen in my life such Choris who are hell-bent on picking up a fight. KP nd me had a real tough time convincing all of them nd the rest of our gang even had to play coolies. In the end we wer almost sure tht either those people would defenestrate us or we’d flush them down the toilet. Itz not possible to behave more decently nd humbly thn we did..yet..UGH!!All of em wer commentin tht KP nd I wud become good TTR/TTEs someday..The RAC people trying to snatch our berths ws the icing on the cake.Nyways managed to wind up the matter before midnight coz midnight was the time to wish Peeraparu Happy Birthday!!yippieeee!Her birthday always coms during tour-times..Last time we had given her a toothpaste bath when she ws dozing off in the bus :D
(to be contd.)

1 comment:

deeps said...

ws was hmm i donno wats the word im luking for bt i was :o!!!! it was a great trip:)